GOOD MORNING AFTERNOON:
Welcome to this edition of The Metro Message.....I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend filled with fun and relaxation. As you work hard to achieve the goals you have set for yourself, you will absolutely face roadblocks along the way. We all will and we all do each and every day. How is it that you will deal with them? My suggestion to you is: Fight through it and get past it. When you go to work and someone is negative or just wants to complain - Fight through it and get past it. When you are feeling the stress from family or friends - Fight through it and get past it. When you are having trouble eating right and working out - Fight through it and get past it. There will be many things today and everyday that will get in your way of achieving your goals. What will you do - Fight through it and get past it!!!
by © Maureen Killoran
Back in the 1920's when Polish-American entrepreneur Leo Gerstenzang invented cotton swabs as a safer way to clean his baby's ears, he called his product "Q-Tip." Actually, his first name-choice was "Baby Gay" - but that didn't sell, so the by-now familiar name emerged. Mr. Gerstenzang chose "Q" for Quality . . . and he must have been on to something, because Q-Tip has become a household word. Which made Q-Tip a good choice for an acronym: Quit Taking It Personally!
• The traffic jam or the flat tire, or the keys that get locked in the car are not part of a plan to ruin your day. Q-Tip It - Quit Taking It Personally!
• The keys that can never be found are just inanimate objects, and there is no moral value attributable to being able to find everything anyway. Q-Tip It!
• The computer that freezes just when you've got an important report to print really IS just a stupid machine. Take a deep breath and repeat the maxim about accepting the things you cannot change. Above all -- Q-Tip It!
• The supervisor who wants everything done yesterday has a problem with time management and scheduling. You're more likely to find a constructive way to deal with this of persistent stress situation if you Q-Tip It!
• The 5 pounds you can't seem to lose are just a ball of fat . . . not a moral failure. You know what to do - eat less, move more. So get moving . . . and Q-Tip It!
• The kids who don't call often enough probably really ARE busy (and didn't you raise them to be independent?). Q-Tip It!
• The colleague who consistently says you're doing something all wrong is telling you more about her needs than about your way of doing things. Q-Tip It!
• Got a spouse (or friend, or child) who seems always to ignore things you say? Odds are she/he is hard of hearing, forgetful, or caught up in her own priorities rather than trying to drive you nuts. Q-Tip It!
• ______________________________________________ (fill in your own stressors - and Q-Tip It! )
You get the picture . . . and the image, too. Stress is not what happens to us. It's our response TO what happens. And RESPONSE is something we can choose.
So - Q-Tip It! Let Mr. Gerstenzang's little white-tipped tool be a memory-hook, a way to ease the your personal stress reactions, the way YOU choose to respond to the happenings of your days.
WORDS TO LIVE BY...
Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Dr. Robert Schuller
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
We tend to get what we expect.
Norman Vincent Peale
We become what we think about all day long.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances.
Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.
LET'S MAKE THIS THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR!!!